Monday, November 12, 2012

Lower your expectation




  We sometimes pride ourselves on living in the world that everything is possible.But we should know that it's a sweet dream.It is great if our dreams do come true,but it's going to disappoint us and make us unhappy if they don't.




  We tend to think that we can change more than is realistic to expect,and we tend to think we can change more quickly and easily than we can.We often believe that achieving our goals will change our lives in unrealistic ways.

  All of this is not to say that high expectations are bad.They do help us feel good about ourselves.When we take initial steps toward change,even just starting an exercise plan or a new diet,we often feel a surge of high hopes and self-confidence.This can be really motivating,however,success requires that we also be realistic with what goals we set and how we plan to meet those goals

  When a person own something,then he wants more.If he can not be satisfied,then he will feel disappointed.He is not happy.I think if we have lower expectations,we are less likely to be disappointed.We are more likely to be satisfied.We are more likely to be happy.





  Lowering your expectations does not mean letting go of your dreams.It just means approaching life with a somewhat different mindset. Here are my ways for lowering my expectations:

  First.I can accept  B+,I don't care about A too much.Then I can have more fun when I do everything,I have a kind of power after I open my eyes everyday.

  Second.Realize that no one cares.I learnt many years to ignore the feeling that the world is watching and judging me. After so many years I finally know that no one cares about what you are doing,they just care their own life. 

  Third.Enjoy "right now" happiness  instead of always searching for next unknown area.We should give ourselves sometime to digest something,then we have energy to move on.

  Fourth.Imagine the Worst Case.Sometimes,I used to fear that I have failed to achieve one of my goals, then I imagine the worst possible thing that could happen. And when I do that, I usually realize that I am not so bad and  appreciate whatever  I accomplished. I feel much better.




We have lower expectations,we won't be disappointed.We will be satisfied.We will be happy.Just lower your  expectation with me.








6 comments:

  1. You pictures are very depressing and make me feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?I don't think so...Only the last one maybe a little depressing.I think it's just because you are sad now,it's not because of my pictures.I hope you can be happy soon.

      Delete
  2. I like your first picture very much.I see the hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,I also like the first picture.I can think more through the picture.Thank you for reading my blog.I hope that you can give me some advice.Cheer!

      Delete