Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Litany

To my grandpa...










                         


However,you are not the rain in the cold autumn,   
  the tomatoes in the dishes,     
  or the leaves around the tree.   
  And you are certainly not the hot pepper in the hamburger.   
  There is just no way you are the hot pepper in the hamburger.   



  


 It is possible that you are the rock under the sea,   
  maybe even the violet in a girl’s hand,   
  but you are not even close   
  to being the rude sand in the storm  




And a quick look in the mirror will show   
  that you are neither the grass on the ground   
  nor the colorful fish swimming in the stream.  




  It might interest you to know,   
  speaking of the plentiful imagery of the world,   
  that I am the red tears dancing in the sunshine.   




  I also happen to be the energetic sunflower,   
  the seeds of dandelion flying in the air,   
  and the sugar in a big bowl




  


I am also blue rose in the garden  
  and the old man’s hand fan.   
  But don't worry, I am not the sky and the sun.   
  You are still the sky and the sun.  
  You will always be the sky and the sun,
  not to mention the gorgeous rainbow and—somehow—the breeze.


 Here is my video






5 comments:

  1. Dear Prince Sunshine, I am just so "wowed" by your litany about your grandfather and you! I think you must be lucky to have someone in your life who makes you think of such powerful imagery! I also really appreciate what you say about yourself. One of the images that captures my attention is "sugar in the large bowl"! It captures my imagination of how sweet you must be yet open and exposed! You have also chosen an image that is magical for me--the blue rose!

    I am so happy that you produced such a visually rich video and that I can understand you as you read your litany. Very engaging!

    I am left with this request! DO MORE BLOGGING JUST LIKE THIS ONE! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for loving the litany.My grandfather was the most important person in my life.And I have more positive energy,I want to affect people around me.I will do more blogging about happiness.I really love my blog.

      Delete
  2. I'm smiling PRINCE SUNSHINE! You are achieving your goal! Thanks for SHINING so BRIGHTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful poem,I am moved by the bautiful words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?Thank you...I think the poem is a little ridiculous. haha...

      Delete